Saturday, November 17, 2012

Boca Raton Flashback: How Humor Works in a Protest


Here's a good example of the effectiveness of using humor in your protests.  When I arrived at this street corner there was one young woman there holding an Obama sign, and she was being showered with a lot of really nasty dehumanizing insults.  Everyone else on that corner were Tea Partiers (and knowing Florida's now-infamous law it's possible that some of them were carrying concealed weapons).

So I walked into the fray with Pete the Pissed-Off Polar Bear, and, as you can see, they were basically good-natured toward me.  You can tell in the video that I'm not looking them in the eye, I'm forcing them to deal with a puppet!  And they can't help but laugh at the absurdity of their predicament.  It's hard to argue with a puppet!

CH

Permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment